Saturday, November 14, 2009

Ring Tones are that Nu Nu I guess

RIng Tones have quickly become the newest market for distributing Singles in America! Its crazy. they now have awards for these things that mirror Gold and Platinum records now you can have Gold and Platinum RINTONE SALES! Wow, how quickly the cell phone has become an inticate irremovable part of the worlds culture. Just 10 years ago nobody had one. Now youre a Pirriah if you DONT have one. funny how things change huh?

But I aint come here to rant about that. I came here to rant about a phenomenon that I only started noticing when I came to Lagrange GA. Here where the culture/color line is so close that it Blurs. This happens all the time:

I'm in the library minding my own business when all of a sudden I hear this

" ITS YA BOY PLIES! HAA HAAAAAAAAAAAA....."

as I search for the rude and disrespectful owner of this Un-silenced cell phone who has the NERVE to accept a call INSIDE of the library, I spy out the culprit. Prepared to cut this Nigga this Illest Nigga look in history, I open my mout in surprise as I find...... a white lady. pretty old and wrinkly looking. at least 50 years of age. and Obviously a heavy smoker.

I am shocked. but this isnt the only time this has happened. As a matter of fact EVERY time I hear a ringtone in public it seems to be a culture shock for me. White fols bumbing Soulja Boy and T.I. Hell on that note, My own ring tone is a Rock song! so I guess I'm not really complaining. I'm just saying this ish is pretty bizarre.

The last time I caught the Greyhound to Atlanta there was a car full of people waiting on the bus to arrive. all of em White and they start to blasting "Live Ya Life" By T.I. and they was ROOOCKIN like hands in the air dont give a fuck I love this song kinda vibe. It was just wierd I tell ya.

Oh well , as long as were gonna be crossing cultures I guess I shouldnt be mad that White Folks wann be cool like us, or that Black Folks wanna be cool like them

.....TheGift

1 comment:

  1. haha! the other day right before arhyis left to come down there, we were in the car and at a light we were next to a car of 2 white people...tell me why "every girl" by lil wayne was on so loud and he was mouthing the lyrics "i like a long haired thick redbone."..im like ok...do u know what that means?? lol

    ReplyDelete