Friday, July 16, 2010

Debunking the Christian Mythos: My responsibility?

Debunking the Christian Mythos:My responsibility or not?

Recently I told some Christian friends of mine: F*VCK CHRISTMAS! I'm the super Grinch!

They said "Man you don't do Nothing! What do 'y'all' celebrate?
I say "How bout all the holy days that's actually IN the Bible??
The whole room got quiet.
This has been my life. Filled with fun facts about the lies that Christian leadership has placed on thief subjects for centuries, I find myself at war with their simplistic,poorly researched view of the Bible. Quite often a Christians sheer willingness to remain ignorant will drive me over the edge.

Recently however, I've taken into consideration what my role truly is in debunking the mythology surrounding misguided Christians.

The truth is, Christianity means little to nothing to me. I was born Muslim and have been armed with the same tools to help Muslims out of ignorance Christians. The ministry of Jesus Christ has no special meaning to me, I'm closer to the legacy of Muhammad. I've never celebrated Christmas,so when I inform a Christian of its pagan non biblical origins I have no empathy for them.

Maybe I should assist my Islamic brethren where I find them in need of truth.
I just know, come Crimmuh time none of my friends should start with me.

Funk Christmas

.....TheGift

No comments:

Post a Comment