Saturday, June 19, 2010

The Golden Path

I like to write.

When the feeling is right, it flows from me like water, these words, people say they like. I've been told I'm a good writer, but I've been told I'm good at a lot of stuff. That doesn't help with my future direction any. I would never wish to be less talented. I love being a Jack of all trades.. but now the words of My Big Cousin Faruq float back to haunt me.... "Don't be a Jack of all trades and a Master of none" bleh. That's exactly where I'm at.

I'm a natural at everything but I've never developed a skill to perfection. I just watched a wonderful 10 minute video with my guy, Will Smith. It was a Mash up called "Will's Wisdom" that cut together several interviews of his in order to display his life philosophies and I was inspired, for I saw myself on that screen.

One of my main problems is that I have always known what I wanted to do... and now I don't. I'm afloat in a sea of possibilities. i feel like Paul Mu'adib of Dune when he first entered the Spice Trance. He could see every single possibility every repercussion of every choice and the sheer weight of the future weighed him down.. He could have been crushed. He had to make a choice. Thats my issue. I never made the choice. I see the endings I see the pitfalls, the ruts, the traps.... Maybe I'm looking for Leo's Golden Path....

But the Golden Path is hard to find. Where the other paths are rivers... the Golden Path is A thread. Hard to see. Like a diamond filament tightrope.... Everything inside of me is screaming... make a move....

.....TheGift

No comments:

Post a Comment