Friday, June 18, 2010

This Resume is kicking My ass

I have been "Writing" this Damn resume forever!

WTH is wrong with me when it comes to Getting a J-O-B???

Just the thought of working for other people physically repulses me. Bile rises to the Back of my throat. My Father did this to me. "Do for Self" was his motto. there used to be little pins, the type no one wears anymore. Little "Do for Self" Buttons on peoples Jackets.

When I got older my Father vehemently denied that he discouraged working for "The Man" and that's when I realized a new truth I stumbled across....

It has to do with Saying and Doing. See My Abba always SAID that the most important thing was to work for self. He never SAID the most important thing was to WORK. So when My entrepreneurial efforts failed and I didn't want to get a "Real Job" he got mad at me. He was frustrated and didn't understand that the full weight of my vehemence towards Working a J-O-B was at least partially on him. I never thought it was extra important to just Work. I alwys worked for for with a cause or If I employed myself, I worked because I liked doing a craft. My work ethic whilst in these ventures is great, but If I don;t have something to work for, I'm fucked.

He had a conversation with me that made me realize where I fucked up at. I wasnt observant enough. My Father was a street Merchant for most of my life. He made good money at it till the money dried up. When He was a street Merchant I recall those as the good old days. I was accustomed to handling a business at a bvery early age. But when the Merchant life dried out, he kept working and I never paid attention. I guess Hindsight is 20/20.

Part of the reason I don't have a "Job" is because I know that I can provide whatever dough I need By myself but I don't believe in Me nymore. thats Why i'm writing this Dumb ass resume. i've got all the skills and experience to start my own restaurant anywhere in the world. yet I'm trying to cookfor other people. WTF is wrong with Me?

...TheGift

No comments:

Post a Comment