Friday, March 26, 2010

At Rest: Photo Blogging

At Rest

So I decided to have another go at my bid as an amateur photographer. I wanted the days photos to have a theme and I found my inspiration as I was walking past a cemetery in Lagrange. "At rest" I liked it and the idea started to take form over the course of the day as I found things that were At rest. Here we find people At Rest. I like this picture because it shows the scope of the entire cemetery (Is everybody in Lagrange buried here?)


Now onto something a little less depressing! As the At rest concept started to gather some steam, I realized that there are plenty of things at rest in a town like Lagrange. In a recession so many things are abandoned. Like a Restaurant per se.


This is the Golden Corral in Lagrange. It was closed before I got here. If this had been Atlanta, someone would have moved in here already but I suppose the Corral is a dying breed. Maybe I should contrast the dead feeling of it with pics of the Cracker Barrel?






















This last one is my Favorite pic of the day. I just think it says something poignant about a restaurant when the trash cans look destitute. This place may not be resting. It might be dead.

More from the At rest series at a later date! Ciao!...TheGift

1 comment: