Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Prom-Changes-Flow river,Flow

I told one of my Surrogate younger brothers recently

"One o the greatest lessons you will learn in your lifetime is that Life is like a river. It keeps going and changing and moving and its never the same twice. It goes on."

I told him that even though that sounds simple, all the greatest realizations are just that. Simple.
He was concerned because he would be changing schools. He was leaving his friends and his life and worst of all, his prom! So I gave him one o my hard earned pearls of wisdom (I only have about 2 or 3 of those. All my other "Wisdom" comes from my wise teachers)

For a son of God there is always an opportunity for another Prom or another friend or a beter experience. Thats the problem with so many Americans now. America is so rigid. Here "Life is a b**** and then you die". You are only allowed a few classic great moments, when every moment should be a great one. Here is the short list of American Great Moments:

EVENTS:

Prom---YIPPEE!! This is the happiest day of my life!

Highschool Graduation--- YIPEE!! This is the greatest day of my life!

College Graduation---YIPEE!! this is the NEW greatest day of my life!

Marriage---YIPPEE!!! This is....the..new...last greatest....day...of my life =(

AGES:

Birth---YAY I'm Born!

1st B-day-Yay its a year!

(girls) 16----Sweet sixteen!

18---Yay I'm a grownup!(not really)

21---Yay I can drink now!

wait...no more awesome Ages?

Somewhere in ther you have kids and you celebrate them..but thats like...It. Why not celebrate always? Why not create an Annual Prom for everybody who didnt get to go? Theres plenty of us I assure you. Why not make your life legendary?

The truth is that we are also little rivers in the big river of life. always changing, always growing always flowing. So if this life doesnt suit you...keep flowing. It will.

...TheGift

1 comment:

  1. this is so good!somebody(you) should write a movie like this!

    ReplyDelete